today is my kind of holidaeee....

its may day....or for us, hardcore scooterists, its more known as mods may day....we are the working class....we are really after all, we are not kids....we work to live, to survive and to enjoy the finer(for us) things in life......like our mirror finish waxed vespas or lambrettas, our shiny leather shoes or desert boots, our crisp shirt and of course last but not least the parka....all these of course started from UK, where the kids who call themselves modernist dress in such a way.....but in singapore, i dun think it is practical for some of the stuffs that they are wearing...especially the sought after fish tail parka....its so humid down here, u'll only end up dehydrated or heat-exhausted donning it. watever it is, its like a culture, a lifestyle...its the attitude, the kind of person u are...and not certainly fashion which many kids tot it is.

me, i dun consider myself a mod but there are some similarities, for example, im a hardcore scooterist, i am sorta rebellious at times, i retaliate, i work to survive, i protest at times and i do fight back for my rights. watever it is though the glory boys have left scootering, some just uplay(meaning jus park the scoot at their home for memories)their scooters, some rides a bigger super bike or huge harleys, some drives those big canistered fully modded cars but me, i think scootering for me will last a lifetime. its where i get around with and at my present state, i dun think financially i can afford any other. even when im able, i will get either a morris, mynah or a vw and i will still keep my vespa and ride it once in awhile. its the memories, its how it served me, though slow but reliable at most times and the pride that it has given me. thru hardship, i rode it rusted, cash comes in, i ride it shiny. a scooter is part of my life, it follows the developements of my life.

i believe mayday holiday is for well deserved ppl like me only, whom slog for hours just to see the money disappear before ur eyes...in sg, everything needs money, so if u dun land urself a good job, this is wat happens....u only earn to make ends meet. for me, im only a freelancer, thats why. but one day, im sure gonna land myself a career, followed by a business which ive always dreamt of, my company, named after me... ive always dreamt of cutting the ribbon at the opening ceremony of my company.i dun deny that one day i wanna be up there, earning big bucks, while my work is only to direct, meet ppl, make decisions and sign contracts and agreements.thats my dream, the big boss of a company.

enough of my enormous dreams already, im gonna get my camera, dress my best today and off to bunchit's wedding....he has done one of islam's 'sunnah'...getting married, start a family...alhamdullilah.....and it calls for a celebration...thats when the wedding ceremony comes in, based on 'adat', thats where the couple is being 'displayed' to everybody, to tell them that they are married, to let people know, thats the purpose i believe.congrats bunchit.....2 of my close frens has already tied the knot, i can forsee more coming, probably shareil is next once insyahallah he gets a good job and then followed by mankey(i know deep inside wen he loves, he loves cos once he got engaged and almost married) and then probably adil(as i see his love blossomed with kakak). it worries me when it approaches closer to me, cos im not ready financially.....:P well, watever it is let fate & nature takes its course...until then....c ya ppl...gotta iron my shirt....

0 comments: