Monsoon

The weather does not allow we junkies to practice. With downpours at the times we usually hit the tracks and even in the early evenings before dark, it's pretty impossible for us to train. Being positive, I guess its a good time to build up my fitness and also hopefully my right ring finger will function normally again, its like super stiff, I guess the tendons in there have scar tissues that caused the stiffness.

Why fitness you say? It plays a big part in racing, believe me, it can be tiring, under the second skin which is the leather suit, you sweat like nobody's business. Poor arm strength also means your arms becomes numb sooner than someone who's fit. Physical fitness is also very necessary for me at work, pinning down disturbed, aggressive and violent patients whereby sometimes the strength of 4 is not even sufficient to pin down one.

I am still worried bout my finger, I don't wanna go for a check up cos I know the intervention would either be day-surgery or cast, meaning I can't ride for at least weeks....sigh....I'll get it massaged, I'd go hunt for traditional ones, I still remembered there's one opposite Queensway.

0 comments: