1st day at wgv....

my 1st day as a TL(team leader/supervisor) at a real supermarket....at WGV(woodgrove) branch......the place, quite a distance from my home....but bcos of work/money, i had to do it......

i came half an hour early.....like they say 1st impression counts.....i was super nervous....but i went in anyways....the manager was ok...at least for just now...but he asked me one question...why me a mechanical engineering dip holder in retail? i explained.....he then said why HQ didnt think that there might be a possibility that i would leave or quit if i got a better offer....i told him its been 6 mths and i havent got any engineering offer till now....or any successful interview...and then he went...OOoooooOoo...he smiled....in managers...wen u see one smile...id take that smile as a good indication that he's pretty ok....i can sense that racism is still at large..
the other race...some of them....look at me in a diff way, wen the manager introduced me to them as the new TL.....i cant blame them, im the minority. so does 2 of the existing TLs...they speak in chinese wen they talk to each other, in front of me.. i mean like im with the 2 of them, they can very well let me join in the conversation.
ah yong, the malaysian TL was much better, he was super friendly and told me wat to do and stuffs...until at lunch time when he starts talking about hitler....i think his childhood dream was to be a historian...it seems that he knows so much about world war one and germany....hehe he's 34 btw....
i spent the day mcm a retail assistant....stacking goods....replenish, forwarding.... basic housekeeping of a supermarket...yong told me, its to familiarise me with the store and products...and we TLs too must help out....on top of the other tasks... so thats why the bigger paycheck....
overall first day was pretty ok.....the way home was slow.....i think id need another bike thats much faster if i were to be permanent there....herman....pls dun sell away ur nighthawk yet...hopefully...by august i can take it over....

0 comments: