Great Minds Think Alike

It's good that someone also share the same views as me. Apart from my Ain of course.

I was having this casual conversation with Yayi-Tahir(my cousin's grandfather) over sahur. About some people bringing up the issue of hantaran, the market rate. I told my mom, tell that someone there's no such thing and I will come up with what I can. I told that to Yayi-Tahir as well, I told him hantaran is not wajib in Islam and in Al-Quraan there is no such thing as market rate. Islam never make life difficult for its ummah, it is the ummah who makes their own lives difficult, make mandatory what is not. If you claim you step in and out of the mosque so that often, how can you not be aware of that? Our culture is man-made, man-created why kill ourselves trying to be amongst the norm of culture(that is man-made). If you can afford, go ahead, if not why kill yourself trying?

That's why I say, many of us is still in the state of Jahilliyah(ignorance). So am I, I still do wrong at times but I am just amazed at how the Malay community tries so hard to uphold what is not mandatory. Wake up, open up your mind, remove that veil, you don't have to be ashamed for not carrying out what is not required, what is not mandatory. They who talk and try to shame us should be ashamed for they are in that deep state of ignorance.

0 comments: