Sick day 3

3 days and I'm still sick....gosh its such a drag if you're sick....

I've been on youtube watching dirt, mx and supercross videos...I just got this weird feeling I might be owning a dirtbike in the near future...LoL.....it's a bit late for someone turning 30 next year but I just wanna do rad things before I grow old, fragile and probably fat....LoL

And I bet when I have a kid, in his childhood he will get a mx for one of his birthdays. When I got my class 2b, my dad didn't want me to have his friend's sportbike cos he knew I will ride crazy in it but I didn't want that, I wanted what my classmate had, a Yamaha WR200 which is a rather hot MX bike back then, affordable yet powerful. Of course my request was declined and being a student with no cash, I couldn't say no to the beat up 3rd hand scooter that my father bought me. It's better than nothing.

Within a year, I sold off that beat up scooter and being a student with measely paid temporary jobs, I can only afford another scooter, a better and faster scooter and guess what, I raced with that scooter when the school compound turns into a temporary race circuit for me and Herman my classmate. Was rad, was fun till the front end hit the side of a kerb as I open throttle at a corner, the scooter flipped, chipped my tooth, lips bled, scar on my chest. The impact on my chest stopped me from breathing for a second or two but I was fine after that. From then on I got stuck to scooters since its cheap and all and soon I was mixing around with the scooter boys, thats where I grew into scootering and I fell in love with classics. But those who remembered riding with me, I still threw stupid stunts on a classic scooter, imagine a classic popping wheelies. LoL

In 2002-2003, Xr4 was like the craze back then, partly cos its affordable and a rad bike with loud stock pipe if you remove the silencer/diffuser. I wanted that so bad, I almost bought my friend's xr4 but my other half back then forbids me from doing so. I should've just went ahead with it had I known what would've happened. So anyways, the story carries on...

I switched to a gilera back in 2006 for a faster, speedier scooter...I switched partly cos I was sick of slow and unreliable classics. I almost bought a DRZ back then, cos that's the period when it got released, the SM version but I was afraid to commit cos I just got myself a new job and I don't know if I can cope. So anyways, I was still doing silly things on two wheels, I crashed my scooter after a month owning it, popping wheelies across a hump....LoL Yes, I was pretty silly back then.

So finally, here I am on a half-scrammie, the DRZ, racing legally in a circuit. Finally when I have a stable job, more authority over what I wanna do. Finally I am here, racing, what I always wanted to do as a fat kid back then, I still remembered racing my bmx with my cousin and looking at my uncle's photographs of him having lessons at pasir gudang, I guess that's when it fueled everything.

Being grown up and all, I know its not worth pulling stunts in public not in a proper gear and all cos I just flipped my bike pulling an endo and got 3 stitches for it about 2 months ago. I was lucky that I was still able to get up and ride again. Now, the only avenue I can feed my thirst is at the circuit and I will continue racing till I get sick of it....LoL...that I'm not sure when the time will come.

For those criticisms I get, hey at least its healthy, it's not a crime.

Now what I need to do is upgrade myself when the opportunity comes, get pay increments, get promotions, so that I can feed my hobby. I will retire when the time comes and when I need to.

0 comments: